The Republic of Galve is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Comrade President with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, unlimited-speed roads, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.626 billion Galveans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Santiago. The average income tax rate is 96.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Galvean economy, worth a remarkable 1,310 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 197,792 Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Galve's radio stations, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Galve's national animal is the Condor, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Galve, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Galve, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Galve's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Galve, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Following new legislation in Galve, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Galve, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Galve voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Northern Borland".
- : Galve voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Disease Vectors".
- : Galve endorsed The Federal Republic of Washingtonian Order.
- : Galve endorsed The Republic of Markhor.
- : Galve endorsed The United Federation of Coruh.
Endorsements Received: 65 » La xinga, Brotherland, H-Zhena, Marrabuk, Matdor, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Dragons Blood, Am Echad, Ridann, Wiranath, The Militarius Imperium, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Rhealaliit, Kangarawa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Solek, Pakitsk, FreedomIand, Libertanny, Republic of New India, Calbee, Fellon, Tretrid, Talitoa, Schrebia, Axdel, Rohanland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Lingu, Greater New Cassandra, Staynes, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Azureano, Trulu, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Chriona, Plazland, Stellar Colonies, Technocratic Tagalog, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Ephem, and 15 others.Eastern Hyront Scassen, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Castle Federation, Niveko, Royal Hampshire, Enlil, Forro Islands, Acronis, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Oofery, Aivintis, Coruh, Markhor, and Washingtonian Order.