The Republic of Garrone is a small, safe nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 23 million Japanese are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The imploded Garronean economy, worth 149 billion Denpyoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Retail. Average income is 6,493 Denpyoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Garronean husbands are dead good at fathering kids, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, citizens try to pass off bottlecaps they found in their backyards as historical artifacts, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Garrone's national animal is the Kitsune, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Garrone lost the endorsement of The Federal Qha Technocracy of Alaska Hawaii and the Aleutes.
- : Following new legislation in Garrone, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Garrone's influence in Blackstar rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Garrone, citizens try to pass off bottlecaps they found in their backyards as historical artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Garrone, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- : Garrone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Garrone lodged a message on the Blackstar Regional Message Board.
- : Garrone was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Greater Taggart.
- : Following new legislation in Garrone, Garronean husbands are dead good at fathering kids.
- : Garrone endorsed The Federal Republic of Greater Taggart.