|Leader||Head of the Great Council Wilhelm Kessel|
|Currency||Gastenburg Gold Mark|
The Most Serene Republic of Gastenburg is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Head of the Great Council Wilhelm Kessel with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.348 billion Gastenburgians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Welfare and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Gastenburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Gastenburgian economy, worth 273 trillion Gastenburg Gold Marks a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 202,779 Gastenburg Gold Marks, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,204,790 per year while the poor average 15,670, a ratio of 76.9 to 1.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations, and young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Gastenburg's national animal is the Thrush, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Capitalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations.
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, the television adaptation of Jennifer Government is the most popular program in the nation.
- : Gastenburg endorsed The Allied States of Dankinsted.
- : Gastenburg was endorsed by The Allied States of Dankinsted.
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Gastenburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : Following new legislation in Gastenburg, freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Bran Astor, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Dalimbar, Saint Philip and Laurence, Greynne, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Dilber, Big Bad Badger, The Unified Missourtama States, The United Republic of Westend, Albyion Kingdom, Arnic, Divina Patriae, Redenya, Recuecn, Akshireuya, Psikuta, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Sindria, Wickedly evil people, Mathematania, Condonohia, Mirchusko, Westwind, Starblazer, Kisovec, Cro Magnon, Moriari, United Adaikes, Fuentana, Loegries, Pandaland II, The Fourth Redoubt, Gryphonian Alliance, Pernacyvokya, Win Mints, Atheist States of Philippines, Sensorland, Fielure, Cryland, Euarsia, Q The Almighty, Shaktirajya, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Oronia, Quevilis, Surroosia, Kittenlicious, and 65 others.Scationtanland, The Northeastern Confederation, Ferroia, Ellcrys, San Mazer, Papercuts and Skittles, BoxcarJim, Bigstickistan, Fallgriffin, Pandaland III, Kiensu, Nieubasria, Pi Island, Einherfell, Fumafuma, Holmani, Constantinopolisia, Kalla, Arracrania, Democratic Peoples Freedonia, The Undivided, Twisted Duality, Shirwan, New Kigali, IndyCar Racing, Liberillia, Av Libertas Vindex, Zoran, Eienn, Plankstein, Numpties, Comia Noracon, United Auroran Republic, Mediobogdum, Reklim, Hiems, Mercia Regnum, Nedtherland, DiscGolfLand, Wigglers, Durtoss, The Antarctic Empires, Anuubis, Saransh, The Free States of Gotham, Eleftherios venizelos, Novasamita, Baleholm, Western End Them Son, Acropylae, Marshalia, Eskaton, Neon Sweden, The Paradise of Jeff Bezos, Bar Sing Chul, Volkason, Fallen Iron Duke, Rikanhimel, Wyndward, Giovanniland, Oometz, Willow Gate, Aluminum Oxynitride, The Citizens of Victoria, and Dankinsted.