The Awkward Adages of Geektopia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Jagino Zuperedosno with an even hand, and notable for its closed borders, public floggings, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 5.224 billion Kwandoites are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mordecai. The average income tax rate is 76.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Geektopian economy, worth a remarkable 1,128 trillion cryptos a year, is broadly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 215,981 cryptos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The people's love for Jagino Zuperedosno is little more than self-preservation, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, for just a few extra cryptos Kwandoites can get new driving records with their new cars, and bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geektopia's national animal is the yellow-billed swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Math.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, for just a few extra cryptos Kwandoites can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, the people's love for Jagino Zuperedosno is little more than self-preservation.
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Andradus.
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Empire of Scaletta.
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Post-Nuclear Empire of Skyhawk Clan.
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Republic of Bolger.
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Republic of Democratic Republic of Bandwagon.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, euthanasia is illegal.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Penlopa, Algamonzimt, Primorye Oblast, Ganud, Caffeinated, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Pygania, Pirataria, Samuelstani, Utopian Earth, Zakanda, Gooblaria, Terra Potestatem, And Spaces, Lethen, Havenwelle, Free Rosabell, Almendron, Ipsonasia, Poquaoi, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Eloscape, Beriwen, Quartzinne, Corovos, Arvigiel, Paulotzia, New France Republic, Akeland, Voxum Mortalum, Mancheseva City, The Democratic Peoples, Kingdom of Stargard, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Lorscinia, West Wirral, Asian Hatia, Brickfield, Cyberpunk, Deliber, Machu Cornwall, P0ptr0pica, Cetrea, Former Raxhiria, BIOTstate, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Alpharod, Kroll Union, and 27 others.The Tugboat Complex, Vlazinova, Union Lysk, The Republic of IceIceJay, Mediocrea, The Lost Men, United Northen States Canada, Disney Know it Alls, Euperis, Laudesia, Tarkovinia, Purple Ruthenia, Tital Mania, Polgaria, Sanjira, The Nation of the People of the Nation, Apionia, Birgenland, Bursken, Cortlandt Manor, Balustravia, Dark Edgyness, Calvar, Democratic Republic of Bandwagon, Bolger, Scaletta, and Andradus.