The Theo-Democratic Monarchy of Geektopia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Googondolda-dusudecex with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.586 billion Kwandoites are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mordecai. The average income tax rate is 60.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Geektopian economy, worth 635 trillion cryptos a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 177,159 cryptos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else, carpal tunnel syndrome is on the rise, babysitters are a thing of the past, and citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Geektopia's national animal is the yellow-billed swan, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Googology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Geektopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens, Highest Poor Incomes, and Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, citizens are deployed to barren deserts to protect small territorial claims.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, babysitters are a thing of the past.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, carpal tunnel syndrome is on the rise.
- : Geektopia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Geektopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else.
- : Following new legislation in Geektopia, banana distribution among collective farm workers is an important topic in public discourse.
- : Geektopia changed its national motto to "alright, we're heading out.".
- : Geektopia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Rozarus.