|Leader||Thalia van den Bosch|
The Empress Antigone of Gibraltarica is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Thalia van den Bosch with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 10.656 billion Gibraltaricans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradise Lost. The average income tax rate is 35.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Gibraltarican economy, worth a remarkable 1,753 trillion Pentacles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 164,578 Pentacles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, and an increasing number of animal species are named 'Bob'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gibraltarica's national animal is the Grey Fox, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Wiccanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gibraltarica endorsed The Democratic Republic of The Moslandian Union.
- : Gibraltarica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Gibraltarica lodged a message on the Dawn Regional Message Board.
- : Gibraltarica voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Safety Regulations for Trade Route Canals".
- : Gibraltarica's influence in Dawn rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Gibraltarica approved the World Assembly proposal "End Conversion Therapy".
- : Gibraltarica updated the World Factbook entry in Dawn.
- : Gibraltarica agreed to construct embassies between Dawn and Entropy.
- : Gibraltarica created a new poll in Dawn: "Where do you live?".
- : Gibraltarica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Toxic Heavy Metals Act"".