The Kingdom of Glizerld is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Yan Uglex with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.076 billion Glizerldians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zersun. The average income tax rate is 64.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Glizerldian economy, worth 172 trillion stamps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 160,744 stamps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, the government seizes all major gold finds, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning, and children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Glizerld's national animal is the dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Glizerld was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Glizerld was endorsed by The Meritocratic Kingdom of IndyCar Racing.
- : Glizerld endorsed The Devastation of Cro Magnon.
- : Glizerld voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Following new legislation in Glizerld, children wondering what happens to pets after they die are shown where the compost heap is.
- : Following new legislation in Glizerld, school children are forced to sing the national anthem every morning.
- : Following new legislation in Glizerld, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Glizerld, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Glizerld, kitchen patrol is dominated by ten-year-old runts.
- : Glizerld was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Bran Astor, Fuentana, Big Bad Badger, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Fujai, Wickedly evil people, Dalimbar, Probablynotverygoodistan, Nieubasria, Cryland, Recuecn, Eienn, Pi Island, Av Libertas Vindex, Inner Paniumati, Papercuts and Skittles, Holmani, Pandaland II, Cro Magnon, IndyCar Racing, and Aluminum Oxynitride.