|Leader||Chairman Davit Purplinski|
The Socialist People's Democracy of Golanchia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Chairman Davit Purplinski with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, enslaved workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 17.691 billion Golanchans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Golanchograd. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Golanchian economy, worth a remarkable 9,271 trillion Purroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 524,094 Purroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, and the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms. Crime is totally unknown. Golanchia's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Golanchia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Following new legislation in Golanchia, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Golanchia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Golanchia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : Following new legislation in Golanchia, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Golanchia, hiding wrinkles with make-up is illegal.
- : Golanchia was endorsed by The People's Republic of Olowakandi.
- : Following new legislation in Golanchia, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Golanchia, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Golanchia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".