The Republic of Gra Tejerld is a very large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 184 million Gra Tejerldians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, although Healthcare and Defense are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 12.2%.
The Gra Tejerldian economy, worth 6.48 trillion deniers a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 35,214 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Harry Potter books are banned, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and shady doctors seem to have impeccable records. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Gra Tejerld's national animal is the cow, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Gra Tejerld was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Gra Tejerld's influence in Norden rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Gra Tejerld relocated from The East Pacific to Norden.
- : Following new legislation in Gra Tejerld, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.