The United Kingdom of Greater Engaland is a very large, genial nation, renowned for its digital currency, infamous sell-swords, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 183 million British are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 37.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong British economy, worth 13.0 trillion British Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,050 British Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The welfare administration's new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health, and uploading purple prose to social media earns a place on a government watchlist. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Greater Engaland's national animal is the Sparrow hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Greater Engaland, uploading purple prose to social media earns a place on a government watchlist.
- : Greater Engaland lodged a message on the Greater Cyngland Regional Message Board.
- : Greater Engaland's influence in Sovereign Union fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Greater Engaland's influence in Sovereign Union fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Engaland, you can't put down the nation's attitude to pet health.
- : Greater Engaland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Greater Engaland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Greater Engaland rejected a request from Matheo for an embassy with Sovereign Union.
- : Greater Engaland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Following new legislation in Greater Engaland, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
Endorsements Received: None.