|Animal||White Tailed Thunderbird|
The Republic of Guthra is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 679 million Guthrans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Education, and Environment also on the agenda, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cauft. The average income tax rate is 16.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Guthran economy, worth 72.8 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 107,169 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service, if foreigners can hit a spittoon from five paces they get a free holiday to Guthra, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Guthra's national animal is the White Tailed Thunderbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, if foreigners can hit a spittoon from five paces they get a free holiday to Guthra.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, the government recently relinquished its monopoly on the mail service.
- : Guthra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Guthra.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, terrified tympanists are finding themselves on the front lines armed only with kettledrums.
- : Following new legislation in Guthra, public enemies often walk home with spotless garments and crime records.
- : Guthra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Fedele, Wiranath, Axdel, Ridann, Todd McCloud, H-Zhena, Pulmonaria, A Slanted Black Stripe, Goodnamesarerare, Brotherland, Republic of Berzerkistan, Lanagon, Bachtendekuppen, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, Enlil, The Holy Utopian Republic, Izonno, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, New Leganes, Tim Stark, Aelitia, Roissyland, Matdor, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Kilkire, The Holy Empire of Moronica, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Bacon Land, Stellar Colonies, Someseni, Marrico, Kelsyth, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, TheRuthenians, Arkantis, Am Echad, United Edwards, Tarakovia, East Malaysia, Valdwall, Pakitsk, Servants of Gizmo, Betremia, Astroa, and 24 others.The Sacred Whale, Agonya, The Empire of Rijelv, Karatol-Advenra, Devlon, Brethren, Poiston, Talitoa, New Terabithia, Opossum Slayer, Aleister, Atlia Sonis, ArenaC, Headpat Central, ReeK, Upper Saust Latiegebestica, Merlovich, Bai Lung, United China Nation, Endertopias, Blazing Samaritan, Funkadelia, Perpetuam, and The United Neo American Union.