The Democratic Republic of Hexen 14 is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 665 million Hexen 14ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 37.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Hexen 14ian economy, worth 7.14 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining, Tourism, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 10,744 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hexen 14's national animal is the emu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hexen 14's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Hexen 14 relocated from United Colonies of America to The Rejected Realms.
- : Hexen 14 was ejected from United Colonies of America by The Commonwealth of Eastern Iowa.
- : Hexen 14 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Hexen 14's influence in United Colonies of America rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Hexen 14 relocated from Devide by Zero to United Colonies of America.
- : Hexen 14 endorsed The Republic of Allegheny 17.
- : Hexen 14 was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Hexen 14 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Hexen 14 relocated from Sorority to Devide by Zero.