The Empire of HHC is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chairman Rockwell with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.144 billion Halcyonians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Byzantium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Halcyonian economy, worth 253 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 118,405 Bits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 564,801 per year while the poor average 14,579, a ratio of 38.7 to 1.
Maths Professor Barbie is the most popular toy for boys and girls alike, six-year-old children playing dress-up are viewed with suspicion, idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs, and crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. HHC's national animal is the Cystipig, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Scientism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : HHC's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : HHC was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : HHC's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : HHC was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : HHC's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in HHC, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Following new legislation in HHC, idyllic countryside scenes see border collies herding sixty-ton dinosaurs.
- : Following new legislation in HHC, six-year-old children playing dress-up are viewed with suspicion.
- : HHC was refounded in Balder.
- : HHC ceased to exist in Halcyon.