The Free Land of Hiems is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 368 million Hiemsians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Hiemsian economy, worth 38.5 trillion Crystals a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 104,664 Crystals, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 497,778 per year while the poor average 12,960, a ratio of 38.4 to 1.
A government program is underway to revitalize Hiems's beaches, Leader's recent "I have a dream that we will fight them by raking muck on the beaches" speech seems a little derivative to many, photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls, and murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Hiems's national animal is the Orca, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hiems was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Citizens of Victoria.
- : Hiems's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Hiems was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and the Top 10% for Most Extreme, Most Pro-Market, and Most Politically Free.
- : Hiems was endorsed by The Asexual Rail Enthusiast of Hertfordshire and Jammbo.
- : Following new legislation in Hiems, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.
- : Following new legislation in Hiems, photos of picturesque coastal buildings are set against a backdrop of smokestacks and ship hulls.
- : Following new legislation in Hiems, Leader's recent "I have a dream that we will fight them by raking muck on the beaches" speech seems a little derivative to many.
- : Following new legislation in Hiems, a government program is underway to revitalize Hiems's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Hiems, the nation is renowned abroad for its love of blood and guts.
- : Hiems endorsed The Republic of Thevinia.
Endorsements Received: 168 » Bran Astor, Fujai, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Nieubasria, Cryland, Saint Philip and Laurence, Atheist States of Philippines, Bhang Bhang Duc, Wickedly evil people, Liberillia, Psikuta, Pandaland III, Ferroia, Pandaland II, DiscGolfLand, Holmani, Kittenlicious, Av Libertas Vindex, Marina Nova, The Fourth Redoubt, Eiriann, New Belia, Numpties, Scationtanland, Greg Tucker, Surroosia, Quevilis, Oronia, Glorious Existence, Oometz, The United Republic of Westend, Big Bad Badger, Wyndward, The Rega, Comia Noracon, Euarsia, Mediobogdum, Mirchusko, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Common Good, Gastenburg, Libterraria, Marshalia, Papercuts and Skittles, Resurgence City, Vlobbania, The Technocratic Ideas, Eskaton, Twisted Duality, Q The Almighty, and 118 others.Albyion Kingdom, Ingentis Novus, Constantinopolisia, Nedtherland, IndyCar Racing, Arvladma, Dreamers for Hope, The Free States of Gotham, Santos-Dominius, Desmosthenes and Burke, Pi Island, New Democratic Republic of Russia, The Father-Land, Triestine, Arnic, Akshireuya, Kisovec, Coung Komands, Avadon, Kalla, Leukogeras, Barcocoland, Condonohia, Sindria, Bigstickistan, Granducato Toscana, Gracelantia, Acropylae, Saronistan, Recuecn, Avystan, Matism, Moriari, Robbinston, Divina Patriae, Champaign, Gryphonian Alliance, Fuentana, Mercia Regnum, Win Mints, CaskistalanarisKirkjubjark, The Antarctic Empires, Fallgriffin, Archonina, Westwind, The North American Assembly, Shaktirajya, Dalimbar, Lynier, Starblazer, Bodusse, Rineia, The Unified Missourtama States, Pernacyvokya, Svanland, Sultanat of Turkistan, Mathematania, Greynne, Kabayan, United Adaikes, Ahssn, Turizion, Vasilism, Demetrian, Winter Aura, Amanohara, Nas Crustium, New Caterse, My Anxiety, Reklim, Aeternis Taciti, Pepinooo, 3kruimels, Sniki, Athrid HullHund, Schlesien-Galizien, Al-Amanah, The Anclave, Kyeongsang, Anuubis, Saransh, The United Tribes of Bantai, Eritasia, Rivello, BoxcarJim, Isle Royale, Escapitania, Fumafuma, Neon Sweden, Baleholm, Ellcrys, The Undivided, Kenestral, Western End Them Son, Big Bertha, The Isle of Burgrass, Bova Ptaltand, Atopias, Loegries, Valocke, Novasamita, Futuo, Tropical Isles, East Swedesia, Rikanhimel, Carvell, Paschalia, Volkason, Troodan, Zoran, Toberkuibac, Giovanniland, Cro Magnon, Aluminum Oxynitride, Sirulinuck, Grand Republic of the Sun, Thevinia, and The Citizens of Victoria.