|Leader||Chancellor V Madan-Talleyrand|
The Democratic Republic of Hindustane is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chancellor V Madan-Talleyrand with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.114 billion Hindustanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Delhi. The average income tax rate is 68.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hindustani economy, worth 965 trillion Rupees a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 135,708 Rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Chancellor V Madan-Talleyrand is too busy listening to praise to get any work done, mechanics are often exhausted by their work, Hindustanis have recently stopped mysteriously setting off metal detectors, and all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hindustane's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hindustane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Hindustane's influence in South Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Hindustane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Hindustane's influence in South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Hindustane's influence in South Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Hindustane's influence in South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Hindustane endorsed The Republic of Bike.
- : Hindustane endorsed The Past its used by date of A blue can of beans.
- : Hindustane endorsed The Republic of Cameloth.
- : Hindustane endorsed The Republic of Fash Basher 9000.
Endorsements Received: None.