The Republic of Hitaria is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Thomas Hastrigal with an even hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 6.998 billion Hitarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athard. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Hitarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,030 trillion Hitors a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 147,302 Hitors, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hitaria's national animal is the cougar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hitaria was endorsed by The Republic of Sunsistan.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, Hitaria's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio.
- : Hitaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, recorded music can be rented but not bought from record companies.
- : Following new legislation in Hitaria, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Greater New Cassandra, Evrigenis, H-Zhena, New Leganes, Zukchiva, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Niveko, A mean old man, Staynes, Tretrid, La xinga, Rainbow Vests, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Forro Islands, Distro-Spartica, East Malaysia, Stellaire Imperiale, Goodnamesarerare, Gunov, Mays Austrian Nation, Euricanis, BuciLand, Oofery, Tawuse, Pakitsk, Coruh, Markhor, Rhealaliit, The Empire of Rijelv, Ridann, Roissyland, Enlil, Libertanny, Asendavia, Acronis, Dragons Blood, Anarchica landia, Talitoa, Wallenburg, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Rabarbarys, Axdel, Unger under over, Layngderfleethe, CheeseBurrito, and 7 others.Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Republic of New India, Aeoliah, Arunika, BTProductions, and Sunsistan.