The Republic of Icalli is a colossal, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, zero percent divorce rate, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.301 billion Icallians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and International Aid. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55.2%.
The strong Icallian economy, worth 364 trillion forints a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is 39,148 forints, with the richest citizens earning 5.6 times as much as the poorest.
The government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, euthanasia is legal, Icalli's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and a nation-wide cull of turuls is in effect. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Icalli's national animal is the turul, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Icalli applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Icalli was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Icalli's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Icalli was banned from Temporary Home by The Republic of Dune Cat.
- : Icalli relocated from Temporary Home to Devide by Zero.
- : Icalli resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Icalli relocated from Devide by Zero to Temporary Home.
- : Icalli was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Icalli's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Icalli's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".