|Leader||Eugene V Debs|
The Socialist Republic of Illivermorny is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Eugene V Debs with a fair hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.194 billion Illivermornyians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Environment, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vermont. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Illivermornyian economy, worth 589 trillion Doubloons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 140,454 Doubloons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Illivermorny's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Illivermorny was endorsed by The Crimson Empire of Celannica.
- : Illivermorny was endorsed by The Kingdom of Taya Dust.
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Illivermorny was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- : Illivermorny was endorsed by The Vizier Nominee of Ramaeus.
- : Following new legislation in Illivermorny, the Vermont Women's Prison Choir now has a baritone section.
Endorsements Received: 54 » A Slanted Black Stripe, Survivoristan, Ribanzi, Am Echad, H-Zhena, Arkantis, Roissyland, Riveraland, Republic of Monarchists, Ver Norge, Brotherland, Dark Edgyness, Taurora, The Happian Union, Endertopias, Marrico, Wiranath, The Sacred Whale, Neruch, Shantan, VW53Aland, Gorbastan, Solarfall, Ridann, Bullpups, Enlil, Hizuru, Axdel, The Angel of Charity, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, Someseni, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Libertanny, Escade, Liberstankonia, Stanisiti, Kangarawa, Commodore Badger, Avakael, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, BorPup, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, and 4 others.Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Taya Dust, and Celannica.