|Leader||Chancellor William Donovan|
The Federation of Impaxia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor William Donovan with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.408 billion Impaxians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khan. The average income tax rate is 33.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Impaxian economy, worth 273 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 194,216 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges, the jackhammer is considered a tool of artistic criticism, gambling is outlawed, and listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Impaxia's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, listless juries are assembled for the simplest of court cases.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, the jackhammer is considered a tool of artistic criticism.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, nudity is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom.
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.
- : Impaxia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Impaxia, colonial subjects have Impaxian culture shoved down their throats.
- : Impaxia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Mays Austrian Nation, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Staynes, Zukchiva, Evrigenis, Dragons Blood, A mean old man, Rainbow Vests, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Ephem, Asendavia, BuciLand, Oofery, Coruh, Sunsistan, Gunov, Lanwa, Wiranath, Acronis, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, Clarence-Voslage, Santa Dystopia, Wallenburg, Aoba-Johsai, United Socialist States of Amerika, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Distro-Spartica, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, Modra, Namaste Isle, Ridann, Dravida India, and Technocratic Tagalog.