The Protectorate of Imperial Cellophane Times is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The quiet, industrious population of 50 million Imperial Cellophane Timesians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 33.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Imperial Cellophane Timesian economy, worth 1.85 trillion Tbds a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,010 Tbds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Imperial Cellophane Times's national animal is the Tbd, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Imperial Cellophane Times's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Imperial Cellophane Times published "The Imperiak Cellophane Times" (Factbook: International).
- : Imperial Cellophane Times's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Imperial Cellophane Times's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Imperial Cellophane Times was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Imperial Cellophane Times was founded in The Pacific.