|Leader||President Ashraf Ghani|
The Republic of Islamic State of Afghanistan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Ashraf Ghani with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 3.388 billion Afghans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kabul. The average income tax rate is 33.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Afghan economy, worth 442 trillion Afghanis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 130,491 Afghanis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
A valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales', artists are pillars of society, the skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Afghan Desert, and recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Islamic State of Afghanistan's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan was endorsed by The Sultanate of Hashfir.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan was endorsed by The Islamic States of New Mountain States of Turkey.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan lodged a message on the Greater Middle East Regional Message Board.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan's influence in Greater Middle East fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan was endorsed by The Emirate of AnsarAllah.
- : Islamic State of Afghanistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".