The Grand Duchy of Johtenburg is a very large, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 158 million Johtenburgians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 26.6%.
The strong Johtenburgian economy, worth 8.02 trillion Pfennigs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is 50,777 Pfennigs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's diplomats shake hands with those whose hands are drenched in the blood of innocents, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Johtenburg's national animal is the Emperor Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Johtenburg's influence in Spiritus rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Johtenburg's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Johtenburg's influence in Spiritus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Johtenburg's influence in Spiritus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Johtenburg's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Johtenburg relocated from Conch Kingdom to Spiritus.
- : Johtenburg's influence in Conch Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Johtenburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Johtenburg lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Johtenburg, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.