The Empire of Jojalandia is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, pith helmet sales, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 276 million Jojalandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dravenlandia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.5%.
The very strong Jojalandian economy, worth 24.1 trillion jojacoins a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,499 jojacoins, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
No one born in Jojalandia can fix a leaky faucet, Jojalandia recently decided against having a capital city, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, and chocolate in Jojalandia has its flavour enhanced by the salty tears of enslaved factory workers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jojalandia's national animal is the Great Dane, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jojalandia was endorsed by The Nation States Holy Red Jolly of Celannica.
- : Jojalandia was endorsed by The Absolute Queendom of Matdor.
- : Following new legislation in Jojalandia, chocolate in Jojalandia has its flavour enhanced by the salty tears of enslaved factory workers.
- : Following new legislation in Jojalandia, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Jojalandia changed its national capital to "Dravenlandia".
- : Jojalandia endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Following new legislation in Jojalandia, Jojalandia recently decided against having a capital city.
- : Jojalandia was endorsed by The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
- : Jojalandia lost the endorsement of The Democratic Republic of Pariff.
- : Jojalandia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Pariff.
Endorsements Received: 35 » La xinga, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Alkland, Broccolini, Roissyland, BearStackof2015, Stanisiti, Marrico, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Just Vale 2, Bai Lung, Laquara, Dendemel, Blazing Samaritan, Commodore Badger, Encurage, Pakitsk, Libertanny, Roliganistan, Avakael, Zukchiva, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Escade, Axdel, Johnny Appleseed1, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, Matdor, and Celannica.