The Free Land of Kabayan is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles, complete lack of prisons, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic population of 837 million Kabayanans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Makibaka. The average income tax rate is 77.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Kabayanan economy, worth 52.5 trillion marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 62,729 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is giving peace a chance, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and Kabayanan watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kabayan's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kabayan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Kabayan, Kabayanan watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact.
- : Following new legislation in Kabayan, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Kabayan, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Kabayan, the government is giving peace a chance.
- : Kabayan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Kabayan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Kabayan endorsed The Western Card Czar of Giovanniland.
- : Kabayan was endorsed by The Western Card Czar of Giovanniland.
- : Kabayan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Saint Philip and Laurence, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Big Bad Badger, Bran Astor, DiscGolfLand, Fuentana, Fujai, Bhang Bhang Duc, Atheist States of Philippines, Common Good, Dalimbar, Numpties, Recuecn, Matism, Mahalika, Nieubasria, Cryland, The Father-Land, The Free States of Gotham, Kittenlicious, Oronia, The Unified Missourtama States, Kakeane, Arracrania, Pernacyvokya, The Undivided, Papercuts and Skittles, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Zoran, Av Libertas Vindex, Wickedly evil people, Nusmia, Hiems, Saransh, Liberillia, Anuubis, Novasamita, and Giovanniland.