The Republic of Katiks Rack is a huge, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 911 million Rackians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Human City. The average income tax rate is 68.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Katiks Rackian economy, worth 83.7 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 91,828 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, untold millions of Credits are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme, and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katiks Rack's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Katiks Rack was endorsed by The People's Republic of PotatoFarmers.
- : Katiks Rack was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Katiks Rack was endorsed by The Republic of Nothru Lerple.
- : Following new legislation in Katiks Rack, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Katiks Rack, untold millions of Credits are going into a new government-funded maternity leave scheme.
- : Following new legislation in Katiks Rack, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them.
- : Following new legislation in Katiks Rack, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights.
- : Following new legislation in Katiks Rack, even the most lowly council pen-pusher has the same political power as a senior minister.
- : Katiks Rack was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Katiks Rack was endorsed by The Glorious Almighty Speaker of Gorundu.
Endorsements Received: 152 » Alunya, Pallaith, Territorio di Nessuno, El Fiji Grande, The Rhein States, Dar es Saalam, Sunto, Notyoutopia, Newpromisedland, Corfad, Shibutani, Sinelona, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Saturns Edge, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Napnomadia, Sundred, Sheldanada, Kwaj, Omnistria, Frances Francis the First of France, North Bratislava, Buckerino, Koda-Land, Ibiscaton, Torakuen, Q w e r t y, Ejhsa, PlanetPunk, Federation Terra Australis, Shadowrik, Steampunk Ariel, Wilkshire, Trillius, Acrabinnia, Jasminlandia, Guer Aike, Unimaginable Doom, United Draconia, Holy Oranz, The Sinclarian Provinces, Valhalla123, Maott, Chukstik Illahi, Victoriaans Nederlands, United States of Americanas, and 102 others.Sil Dorsett, Plangainer, Humptalumpta, Black Templares, Lomjia, Selfgradatude, Spartoptia, Amauri, Dreadton, Rkainjel, Egalico, Wineclaw, Haor Chall, New Pruessen, Aratani, 1 very fast endotarter, New Bremerton, Kasazzastan, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Pasargad, Moubarakistan, British Pacific Islands, General COE, Niradans, Loutsland, Joodey, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Votak Matim, Test for a new hope, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Antityranicals, Elder Realms, Fayyayid, Constantinolia, Xentherida, Makersaulache, Kobagia, Glurponia, Zumlandia, Keelut, Abject Ludicrosity, Xzavia-Hjar, Bearical, Sockmanland, United Non-Southern American Empire, Utopicican, Penrith, Runeda, Vincone Cae, Daiz, Etrurica, Cuyan, Seenvorland, Great Javadwipa, Kulgatha, Concordare, Lindsaystan, The Tampa Bay Rays, Zeternia, New Octicarg, New Flos, Lanterkint, Malabor Tor, Duerrlewang, Grimandia, Quebekistand, McMasterdonia, Wisconsota, Frie Annium, Miruma, Juggernautilus, Orado, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Tamgu, Great Robertia, Ponantine, Racoda, Tellavinna, Malta Comino Gozo, Nakayo, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Potestasia, Kaschovia, The Pantheons, Eteles, Francois Isidore, U S Eh, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Ozstan, Darcania, Prevaland, Gorundu, Nothru Lerple, and PotatoFarmers.