The United Socialist States of Katyunon is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Samston Whitehall with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.823 billion Katyunions are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katyunite. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Katyunonian economy, worth 195 trillion Klars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 107,420 Klars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All recreational drugs are legal, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and rumor has it that Samston Whitehall has won three lotteries in a row. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katyunon's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Katyunon was endorsed by The Republic of Dravida India.
- : Katyunon was endorsed by The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Katyunon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Katyunon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Katyunon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, rumor has it that Samston Whitehall has won three lotteries in a row.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Katyunon, 4-year-olds are often found reminiscing about the 'good old days'.
Endorsements Received: 40 » New Bradenia Ghost, H-Zhena, Lingu, The Three States of Fortuna, The Eternal Land of Jong, Evrigenis, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Mays Austrian Nation, Santa Dystopia, Horn of Havenkaap, Greater New Cassandra, Asendavia, BuciLand, Oofery, Coruh, Markhor, Lanwa, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Goodnamesarerare, Aoba-Johsai, Cacnesia, The Peoples Collective, Layngderfleethe, Rainbow Vests, Aeoliah, Kriov, Insi Karai, Vogar, Lorrana, Roissyland, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Zukchiva, Axdel, Namaste Isle, VW53Aland, Wallenburg, and Dravida India.