The Christmas Seesaw Republic of Korktopia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Korkk with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.476 billion Korks enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rope City. The average income tax rate is 93.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Korkian economy, worth 156 trillion kroks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 106,262 kroks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Where there's a will there is usually a password manager, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced, and excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Korktopia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Korktopia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Distro-Spartica.
- : Korktopia was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Korktopia was endorsed by The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : Following new legislation in Korktopia, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in Korktopia, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced.
- : Following new legislation in Korktopia, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Following new legislation in Korktopia, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Korktopia, the big red machine has ground to a halt.
- : Korktopia endorsed The Shadow of Eastern Alksearia.
- : Korktopia endorsed The Wayside of BearStackof2015.
Endorsements Received: 44 » The Three States of Fortuna, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Rainbow Vests, Evrigenis, Tretrid, A mean old man, Greater New Cassandra, BuciLand, Dragons Blood, Santa Dystopia, Zukchiva, East Malaysia, Roissyland, Pakitsk, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Ephem, Asendavia, Oofery, Coruh, Markhor, Sunsistan, Enlil, Stellar Colonies, Plazland, Monix, Acronis, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Namaste Isle, and Distro-Spartica.