|Leader||Dr Lukas Kunst the Magnificent|
The Oppressed Peoples of Kunstistan is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Dr Lukas Kunst the Magnificent with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 756 million Kunstistanians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sheorath. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25.6%.
The all-consuming Kunstistanian economy, worth 77.9 trillion Kuins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Trout Farming, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 103,049 Kuins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 351,511 per year while the poor average 22,237, a ratio of 15.8 to 1.
A man's 250 square-foot apartment is his castle, the typical murderer weighs 150kg and has hairy arms, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble, and victims of limb-mauling industrial accidents are told to keep working with their remaining hand. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kunstistan's national animal is the Cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, victims of limb-mauling industrial accidents are told to keep working with their remaining hand.
- : Kunstistan published "First History Book Published" (Account: Culture).
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, the typical murderer weighs 150kg and has hairy arms.
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, a man's 250 square-foot apartment is his castle.
- : Kunstistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Kunstistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Kunstistan changed its national animal to "Cobra" and its leader to "Dr Lukas Kunst the Magnificent".
- : Following new legislation in Kunstistan, Dr Lukas Kunst the Magnificent has been self-declared as the Most Supreme Magnificent Overlord of Everything You Ever Saw.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Evrigenis, VW53Aland, Mays Austrian Nation, New Leganes, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Brotherland, Oofery, H-Zhena, Staynes, A mean old man, Marrabuk, Coruh, BuciLand, East Malaysia, Markhor, Ridann, Roissyland, Sunsistan, Greater New Cassandra, FreedomIand, Acronis, Tretrid, Dragons Blood, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Three States of Fortuna, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Distro-Spartica, Tassirion, Axdel, ArenaC, Wiranath, Ankras, Rainbow Vests, Santa Dystopia, Dravida India, Layngderfleethe, Aeoliah, Arunika, Insi Karai, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Eastern Alksearia, North Bernia, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Namaste Isle, and Jove Mahmo.