The Federal Republic of Kurabis is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.27 billion Kurabisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Parducze. The average income tax rate is 54.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kurabi economy, worth 202 trillion Kurabisian crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,203 Kurabisian crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, and dining out often involves hamsters on the plate no matter what you order. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kurabis's national animal is the hamster, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kurabis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kuriko".
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, dining out often involves hamsters on the plate no matter what you order.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Kurabis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Trade Rights"".
- : Kurabis was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nagaraningrad.
- : Kurabis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc"".
- : Following new legislation in Kurabis, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Kurabis lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Kurabis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Cro Magnon, Mediobogdum, Bran Astor, IndyCar Racing, Fujai, BIteland, Giovanniland, Dilber, Diaconstipation, Constantinopolisia, Fuentana, Comia Noracon, Hamburg Neo, Zoran, The United Republic of Westend, Westwind, Wickedly evil people, Win Mints, Gryphonian Alliance, Crazy Waters, Kittenlicious, Arnic, Ostellan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Ferroia, Twisted Duality, Sirulinuck, Champaign, Wyndward, Condonohia, The Free States of Gotham, Pandaland III, Papercuts and Skittles, The Undivided, The United Tribes of Bantai, Pandaland II, Asrilel, Escapitania, Ahssn, Armis Maxima, The Muh Granis, Cumidava, Newfieisland, Pilonistan, Weyrland, Thevinia, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Atheist States of Philippines, Yaspica, Prokop, and 55 others.Mediocre Talents, Shining Needle Kingdom, Willow Gate, Ceden, Arvladma, Thyrall, Glorious Existence, Aldesport, Squornshelan Remnant States, Dao Ding, Pukkaa, Santos-Dominius, Shazey, New Caterse, Divinas, Befiehl, Twin Tiers Metropolis, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Immortea, Gracelantia, Ingentis Novus, Barcocoland, Kisovec, Pi Island, Archonina, Marshalia, The Era, Tyyyyysylvania, Biko Heljamge, Sindria, San Mazer, Organisation of North American Nations, Pepinooo, Itrusca, Eleftherios venizelos, Cities, Mathematania, SV Equinox, Avonna, Majuria, Dankinsted, Demetrian, Dalimbar, Davislanding, Iglot, Nusmia, Nieubasria, Cryland, Plankstein, Nilaro, The Rega, DiscGolfLand, Arostatzka, Paschalia, and Nagaraningrad.