|Leader||President John Wilddog|
|Currency||Isla Nuevan peso|
The Democratic Republic of La Isla Nueva is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President John Wilddog with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.655 billion Isla Nuevans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Estonteco. The average income tax rate is 86.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Isla Nuevan economy, worth 219 trillion Isla Nuevan pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,864 Isla Nuevan pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance", unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. La Isla Nueva's national animal is the wild dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, party leaders rely on horoscopes to create "ticket balance".
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : La Isla Nueva was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : La Isla Nueva endorsed The Mairorist Utopia of Greater Felter.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
- : Following new legislation in La Isla Nueva, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Dahom, VW53Aland, Roissyland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Airrajul, Someseni, Qui sequuntur somnia, Wiranath, Bachtendekuppen, Bullpups, Brotherland, Marrico, Socialist Holy American Empire, Izonno, Valdwall, Aelitia, British Calradia, The Happian Union, Elsweyr Land, Terrabis-Seran, Tim Stark, Riveraland, Federated States of Zootron, Slys Paws, Hizuru, Pulmonaria, Davelands, Republic of Berzerkistan, Tuvaltastan, Ridann, The Sacred Whale, Merlovich, Lejon Stad, Neruch, Shantan, Arkantis, Solarfall, Axdel, Gluponija, The Angel of Charity, Indrapore, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Janoobi Jazair, Ravendi, Just Vale 2, BearStackof2015, Stellar Colonies, Drunken Seal Islands, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, and 13 others.Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, TheRuthenians, Justice-Becoming, Pakitsk, Matdor, Astroa, Aleister, Funkadelia, America Mjolnir, The United Neo American Union, and Greater Felter.