The Legendary Land of Layngderfleethe is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by Farley with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 852 million Legends live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradise. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 30.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Legendary economy, worth 117 trillion bottle caps a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 138,274 bottle caps, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 523,617 per year while the poor average 25,377, a ratio of 20.6 to 1.
In musicals everybody's a little bit racist, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, the government refuses to transmit electricity to secessionist regions, and there's no such thing as bad publicity. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Layngderfleethe's national animal is the Land Shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Layngderfleethe was endorsed by The Republic of Fubleton.
- : Layngderfleethe was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Layngderfleethe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, the government refuses to transmit electricity to secessionist regions.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Layngderfleethe, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Davelands, A Slanted Black Stripe, Rhealaliit, Roissyland, Fedele, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Brotherland, Ridann, The Sacred Whale, Marrico, Merlovich, Neruch, Arkantis, Shantan, Hizuru, Tim Stark, Solarfall, Bachtendekuppen, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Axdel, Indovinesia, Kangarawa, Bullpups, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Angel of Charity, Aelitia, Thyaclinia, BearStackof2015, Janoobi Jazair, Just Vale 2, Stellar Colonies, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Todd McCloud, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Pakitsk, Someseni, Aleister, Astroa, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Opossum Slayer, and Fubleton.