The Starchy Republic of Libterraria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Potater with a fair hand, and notable for its teetotalling pirates, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.441 billion Libterrarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Potadon. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Libterrarian economy, worth 168 trillion Potatoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 116,754 Potatoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Religious households enthusiastically use whips in private, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work, and election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes. Crime is totally unknown. Libterraria's national animal is the Potato, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Libterraria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, religious households enthusiastically use whips in private.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, a degree in Potater Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
- : Libterraria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and the Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- : Libterraria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, old dogs don't have to learn new tricks but they have to prove they haven't forgotten old ones.
- : Following new legislation in Libterraria, the "right of sanctuary" stops police pursuit into temples and churches.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Recuecn, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Bran Astor, Dalimbar, Lavender Honey, Bhang Bhang Duc, Atheist States of Philippines, Fujai, Paschalia, Pandaland II, Cryland, Big Bad Badger, The Unified Missourtama States, Arnic, Divina Patriae, Dilber, Thessalian, Marshalia, The United Republic of Westend, Greynne, Akshireuya, Saint Philip and Laurence, Psikuta, Tropical Isles, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Sindria, Wickedly evil people, United States of Northern America, New Belia, Mathematania, Condonohia, Moriari, Cro Magnon, Marina Nova, Fuentana, Sensorland, The Fourth Redoubt, Westwind, Myr Tariniel, Starblazer, Quevilis, Surroosia, San Mazer, Papercuts and Skittles, Gryphonian Alliance, Pi Island, Nieubasria, Kiensu, Eiriann, and 21 others.Zollipsia, Arracrania, The Antarctic Empires, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Av Libertas Vindex, Durtoss, Hiems, Mercia Regnum, Anuubis, Saransh, Holmani, Kittenlicious, Zoran, Parinan, Pepinooo, Carvell, Troodan, Giovanniland, and Aluminum Oxynitride.