The Equatorial Bulge of Lislandia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Alexa Downeaster with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, complete lack of prisons, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.856 billion Lislandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hiwahiwa. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Lislandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,247 trillion lisles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 212,944 lisles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's best not to ask what goes into Hiwahiwa Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and nude art is becoming wildly popular. Crime is totally unknown. Lislandia's national animal is the harloquin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Baba Yetu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lislandia endorsed The United Socialist States of Sweola.
- : Lislandia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Sweola.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, access to the woods is only granted to those who bring a small shrubbery.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, it's best not to ask what goes into Hiwahiwa Fried Chicken's secret blend of herbs and spices.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Hiwahiwa.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Hiwahiwa Harloquins' triumph against long odds.
- : Following new legislation in Lislandia, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
Endorsements Received: 93 » Her Majesty Silver Garden, Lucensia, Vivenxistan, Balan Bar, Primis Tenebris, Scrogunch, Loveable Dogs, Cle Brait, Orathal, Covidialia, Kiyadimundika, Mudreuque, Gatorstan, Wakaru, Ciapore, Atila, StarGaiz, Dyrland, Nein Marosts, Tarzantos El Camosia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Tolerian Empire, Creditopia, Dalfan, Socialist Platypus, El Blurkistan, Kensaland, Pervincia, Oktadonia, PassioneMorioh, Capibara Democratic Republic, Flamboyant Fanboys, Duby, Plusquam verisimile est, Nova Briton, Cyzixraqab, Stustu, Space Nudists, Erithian, Puffin Islands, DBastion, Werstonal, Ferom, Stalinium gulags, Saint Killebrew, Xavier The 1, Untied States of Matter, Kurczak Mielony, Glorsto, Swiss Hommousionopia, and 43 others.Landcache, Land of Legacy, Nibelia, JoshRunsAGovernment, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Zuelong, Xeorkuothertopia, The Free City of Nelson, Charville, Aelandi, The Orange Microwaves, Deblar, GreatBritannia, Hubdova, Jossel, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, Bohseon, BadBitchVille, Suryadweep Islands, Clownclub, Triforma, Mandarivia, Free Azell, Kursibar, Hamptoria, Devonigondwana, Eastern Starbowie, Saraai, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Danimpalia, Ziroxeut, Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Redamia, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Kliffoj, Seolia, Great Luirokitanea, United States Of Florida, and Sweola.