The Grand Duchy of Luth is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 208 million Luthians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 42.0%.
The strong Luthian economy, worth 10.6 trillion crowns a year, is led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 51,192 crowns, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Drowning sailors are hung out to dry, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense, children regularly take part in blood sports that result in extreme boo-boos, and only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Luth's national animal is the cobra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Luth was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Luth was endorsed by The Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Luth was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Luth's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Luth was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Luth was endorsed by The Community of Way Flufff.
- : Following new legislation in Luth, only rebellious teens who want to look cool and dangerous drink milk in public.
- : Following new legislation in Luth, children regularly take part in blood sports that result in extreme boo-boos.
- : Following new legislation in Luth, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense.
- : Following new legislation in Luth, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Davelands, VW53Aland, Fedele, Talitoa, Todd McCloud, Ravendi, Roissyland, BearStackof2015, Wiranath, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Janoobi Jazair, Enlil, Am Echad, Axdel, The Holy Utopian Republic, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Hizuru, Kilkire, New Lukania, Tim Stark, Izonno, Pakitsk, Someseni, Bachtendekuppen, Kingdom of Pars, Marrico, Aleister, Funkadelia, Brotherland, Way Flufff, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, and Opossum Slayer.