The Supine Socialist Slothland of Maowi is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Josef Slothlin with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.874 billion Maowese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bradypus City. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Maowese economy, worth 358 trillion toenails a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 124,778 toenails, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown. Maowi's national animal is the sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- : Maowi was endorsed by The United States of Caffeinated.
- : Maowi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Maowi was endorsed by The Republic of SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS.
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, the new national mascot has to be wheeled onto the field of play.
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, sex changes are routinely performed at Maowi's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Maowi, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Maowi endorsed The Federal Republic of Gvunaz.
Endorsements Received: 69 » Desrouleaux, New Peoples Empire, Ikheria, Clialaad, Le Libertia, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Raghallaigh, Galiciajulian12345, Aexnidaral, Alabrinnor, Eloscape, Acapais, Foril, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Lethen, Luntem, Srgsagsdgd, Federal Republic of Respondia, Pirataria, Lime82, Murden, Agapetopia, Arvigiel, Verteger, Caleban, Twilight Ways, Calusahatchii, Pyrhus, Ajaccino, Sevanorea, Sagehills, Havenwelle, Saarland-Niederbayern, The United Peoples of Centrism, Benthamania, Off God Islands, Mikkazuki, Awesomepotomia, BigITopia2, Nesshhinn, Purple Ruthenia, Greater Walleston, Thurston, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Treario-Petono, Prosa, Cortlandt Manor, Leuxas, Lastovipol, and 19 others.Betelguesa, Igueranel, Gabingston, North is Better, Tejikstan, Trollfaceia, United-Marrshmallows, Algamonzimt, Genistan, Winnak, Averille, The United Islands of Knossos, Sophos Saltus, Dat Countreh, Muertio, New Semigallia, Gvunaz, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, and Caffeinated.