The Queendom of Maria is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Maria with an even hand, and notable for its digital currency, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.748 billion Marians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Guadalajara. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Marian economy, worth a remarkable 1,442 trillion Kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 186,215 Kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Maria is described as an everyday person with normal tastes and the usual interests, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Guadalajara Times is sold out, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities, and edutainment video games are taking Maria's students to the next level. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maria's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maria was endorsed by The Holy Crimson n Blue Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Maria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Maria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Following new legislation in Maria, edutainment video games are taking Maria's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in Maria, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
- : Maria was endorsed by The Western Card Czar of Giovanniland.
- : Maria was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Troodan.
- : Maria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Maria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : Following new legislation in Maria, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Guadalajara Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 53 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Shaktirajya, Condonohia, Shaqolandia, Liberillia, Wickedly evil people, Divina Patriae, Dalimbar, Fujai, Gryphonian Alliance, Westwind, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, The Undivided, Grandi Fiori, Denieria, Oometz, Sensorland, Ferroia, Great Sheriffdom, Mirchusko, Atheist States of Philippines, Recuecn, Orcatortugs, WaffenBrightonburg, Akshireuya, Big Bad Badger, Probablynotverygoodistan, United States of Northern America, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, The Fourth Redoubt, Nieubasria, The Unified Missourtama States, Kiensu, Arracrania, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, Hiems, Mediobogdum, Nas Crustium, Saransh, Anuubis, Archonina, The Antarctic Empires, Quevilis, Bar Sing Chul, Durtoss, and 3 others.Troodan, Giovanniland, and Aluminum Oxynitride.