The Democratic States of Mariarty is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.556 billion Mariartyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mariarty City. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Mariartyian economy, worth 636 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,179 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections, and girls who wear lipstick are berated for pandering to male gazes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mariarty's national animal is the Velociraptor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mariarty voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, girls who wear lipstick are berated for pandering to male gazes.
- : Mariarty was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Mariarty endorsed The Mischievous Mermaid of Escade.
- : Mariarty was endorsed by The Mischievous Mermaid of Escade.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, citizens are exhausted from weekly general elections.
- : Mariarty endorsed The Excommunicated Magister of Libertanny.
- : Mariarty was endorsed by The Excommunicated Magister of Libertanny.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Mariarty, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Fedele, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, H-Zhena, Bachtendekuppen, Neruch, Roissyland, Tim Stark, Brotherland, Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, The Angel of Charity, The Romanum Legio, Aelitia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, United China Nation, Talitoa, Wansley Manor, Taya Dust, Socialist Holy American Empire, Galve, Servants of Gizmo, Am Echad, LewisWorld, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Constructbegin, Kagorg Bra Corna, Enlil, Hizuru, Davelands, BearStackof2015, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Someseni, The Holy Utopian Republic, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, Pakitsk, VoyKovie, Kingdom of Pars, Marrico, Aleister, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, and 1 other.Escade.