|Leader||Rex Romulus Augustus|
|Animal||Canis lupus signatus|
The Roman Regnum of Marina Nova is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Rex Romulus Augustus with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, ban on automobiles, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.179 billion Marina Novans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marina Nova. The average income tax rate is 31.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Marina Novan economy, worth 345 trillion Denarii a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,504 Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Angry men scowl at each other across chess boards, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians, economists speak of trusting in the Tao of Free Market Capitalism, and a death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Marina Nova's national animal is the Canis lupus signatus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Latin Christianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, a death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation.
- : Marina Nova was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Marina Nova voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, economists speak of trusting in the Tao of Free Market Capitalism.
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians.
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, angry men scowl at each other across chess boards.
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
- : Marina Nova was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, politicians are fired for opening subjective statements with "I believe".
- : Following new legislation in Marina Nova, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
Endorsements Received: 86 » Bran Astor, Dalimbar, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Big Bad Badger, Dilber, Wooloopolis, Denieria, Saint Philip and Laurence, Fujai, Kiensu, Oometz, The Unified Missourtama States, The United Republic of Westend, Constantinopolisia, Atheist States of Philippines, Papercuts and Skittles, Arnic, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Oronia, United Adaikes, Divina Patriae, Pandaland III, The North American Assembly, Win Mints, Leukogeras, Common Good, Akshireuya, Tropical Isles, Psikuta, Paschalia, Greg Tucker, Fielure, Sindria, The Undivided, Mathematania, Condonohia, Quevilis, Cro Magnon, Albyion Kingdom, Redenya, Libterraria, Greater Fevaria, Numpties, Wickedly evil people, Fuentana, Bova Ptaltand, Xupqeu, Zenduria, Ingentis Novus, Loughton, and 36 others.Cryland, Bigstickistan, New Belia, Loegries, San Mazer, Holmani, Probablynotverygoodistan, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Mercia Regnum, Arracrania, Recuecn, IndyCar Racing, Av Libertas Vindex, Eienn, Plankstein, Pi Island, Avystan, Mediobogdum, Hiems, Eiriann, Schlesien-Galizien, Estriacea, The Antarctic Empires, Anuubis, Saransh, Archonina, Kisovec, Carvell, Volkason, Fallen Iron Duke, Rikanhimel, Pandaland II, Giovanniland, Eleftherios venizelos, and Aluminum Oxynitride.