|Leader||His Holy Matness|
The Bunyanesque of Matism is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by His Holy Matness with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.863 billion Matisdamen are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matopolis. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Matismian economy, worth 879 trillion Mauls a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 128,186 Mauls, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cigarettes are dead-cheap, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matism's national animal is the Newt, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Matism was endorsed by The Empire of Xicqy.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, flu research is commonly shut down for fear of creating a superbug.
- : Matism voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Matism voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in Matism, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, cigarettes are dead-cheap.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, search and rescue forces now accept cheques and all major credit cards.
- : Matism was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and the Top 10% for Most Stationary.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Liberillia, The Free States of Gotham, Numpties, Wickedly evil people, Papercuts and Skittles, Bran Astor, Kittenlicious, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Tropical Isles, Fujai, Atheist States of Philippines, Akshireuya, Wyndward, United States of Northern America, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Cryland, Kabayan, Nieubasria, Kiensu, The Fourth Redoubt, Gracelantia, Arracrania, Resurgence City, The Undivided, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Holmani, Plankstein, Q The Almighty, Fallen Iron Duke, Estriacea, Anuubis, Quevilis, Fresnillo, Archonina, Carvell, Volkason, Westwind, Professor Thomas, Emark, Giovanniland, Dilber, Fhaengshia, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Santos-Dominius, Troodan, and 9 others.Pandaland III, Av Libertas Vindex, Oometz, Newfieisland, Aldesport, Dalimbar, Ahssn, The First Earth Empire, and Xicqy.