The Socialist Republic of Maupedonia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Rienne with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.573 billion Maupedonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dovington. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The thriving Maupedonian economy, worth 432 trillion innends a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 94,502 innends, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work, judicial torture is outsourced overseas, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maupedonia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maupedonia was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Porde.
- : Maupedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, judicial torture is outsourced overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work.
- : Maupedonia endorsed The United People of Pandoramia.
- : Maupedonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Maupedonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Maupedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: 55 » Roenland, Silabar, Scientists Allied, The New Liberated California, Venovica, Westerlies, Liossalde, United Syndicates of Sol, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Yousta, Galtova, Requand, West eire, Ezechard, Vowpin, Ludense, YouTube Rewind 2018, Taliand, AtlasBarfed, Varavano, Eythronia, Rayo, Syvis, New Viles, Zenthen Isles, Alta Aztlan, The Finno-Estonian Empire, Dracran Bat, Talamia, Luzdelsol, Anacomia, Small Potato, Taigaria, Vestakin, Nouveau Socialiste France, Veyoris, Mettia, Democratic-Socialists, Norts Ale, Mount Cannabis, Greater Cebu, Lasvalre, Grossneufundland, The Celtic Islets, Basiliania, Alle Bria, Alfurat, Democratic Republic of Kohland, Dekks, Syndic Australia, and 5 others.BenJankins, Storslatte-Arbeidere, Korinah, Cariad Tragwyddol, and Porde.