|Leader||Grand Marshal Nathaniel O'Fahr|
The Secular Republic of Meagharia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Grand Marshal Nathaniel O'Fahr with an even hand, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed population of 1.798 billion Meagharians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Burnside. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Meagharian economy, worth 274 trillion Piléars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 152,794 Piléars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies, and Meagharia successfully hosted the The East Pacific Olympics. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Meagharia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, Meagharia successfully hosted the The East Pacific Olympics.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, Jack Russells have proven to be terrible spies.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, cute fluffy little Grand Marshal Nathaniel O'Fahrs are increasingly popular exotic pets.
- : Meagharia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Meagharia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in Meagharia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Azureano, Distro-Spartica, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, Zukchiva, Plazland, Talitoa, Freedomindia, Brotherland, Lingu, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, New Leganes, The Eternal Land of Jong, A mean old man, Tretrid, Staynes, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Pakitsk, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Santa Dystopia, Ephem, Horn of Havenkaap, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rainbow Vests, Forro Islands, BuciLand, Oofery, Tawuse, Coruh, Sunsistan, Modra, Acronis, Greater New Cassandra, Anarchica landia, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Axdel, Vogar, Aeoliah, Layngderfleethe, Insi Karai, Lorrana, North Bernia, BearStackof2015, and 4 others.Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, Gunov, and Namaste Isle.