The Dominion of Mechaerikistan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Knight-Commander mechaerik with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, frequent executions, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 15.986 billion Saberists are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Avalon. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Saberist economy, worth a remarkable 4,254 trillion Mechas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 266,134 Mechas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Billions of Mechas are spent to take high-quality photos of the Grey Wolf Nebula, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight, and it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mechaerikistan's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Saberism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mechaerikistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Mechaerikistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mechaerikistan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Mechaerikistan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Mechaerikistan, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Mechaerikistan, some people will do literally anything to be in the spotlight.
- : Mechaerikistan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Mechaerikistan ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Mechaerikistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mechaerikistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.