The Automated Socialist States of Mechanico is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Byt with an even hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.84 billion Mechanicoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mechanica. The average income tax rate is 81.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mechanicoan economy, worth 499 trillion diodes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 103,135 diodes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center, and the military has gone fission for more funding. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mechanico's national animal is the ant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mechanico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Mechanico was endorsed by The Sororal Republics of Wallenburg.
- : Mechanico was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Mechanico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, the military has gone fission for more funding.
- : Mechanico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, snooze factory is now prison lingo for rehabilitation center.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, serial commas clarify the relationship between one's lackeys, the taxpayers, and kinsfolk.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, 100-year-old politicians are now a thing of the past.
- : Following new legislation in Mechanico, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government.
Endorsements Received: 53 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Axdel, Wiranath, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Hizuru, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Evrigenis, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Tretrid, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Staynes, Rainbow Vests, BuciLand, Oofery, Coruh, Sunsistan, Modra, Acronis, Greater New Cassandra, Anarchica landia, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Aeoliah, Layngderfleethe, Insi Karai, Lorrana, North Bernia, Under Upper Antartica, and 3 others.Eastern Alksearia, Namaste Isle, and Wallenburg.