The United States of Meridian MS is a very large, efficient nation, notable for its compulsory military service and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 108 million Meridian MSians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic, pro-business government prioritizes Spirituality, with Law & Order, Defense, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.0%.
The very strong Meridian MSian economy, worth 6.59 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Gambling. Average income is 61,063 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 184,847 per year while the poor average 15,696, a ratio of 11.8 to 1.
TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force. Meridian MS's national animal is the Mocking Bird.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Meridian MS's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Meridian MS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Meridian MS applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in Meridian MS, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Meridian MS, constipated-looking politicians are uptight about potty mouths.
- : Following new legislation in Meridian MS, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements.
- : Following new legislation in Meridian MS, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Meridian MS was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Right-wing Utopia".
- : Meridian MS was founded in The South Pacific.