The Free Land of Midasgard is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 376 million Midasgardians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leifsborg. The average income tax rate is 82.6%.
The strong Midasgardian economy, worth 23.3 trillion Rings a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 61,993 Rings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Midasgard flights to avoid the pay lavatories, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, it is said that a Midasgardian woman's work is never done, and nudity is frowned upon. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Midasgard's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, nudity is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, it is said that a Midasgardian woman's work is never done.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Midasgard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Midasgard flights to avoid the pay lavatories.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch.
- : Midasgard was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Midasgard, a soldier's body is a temple.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Grenelle, Dawcreek, Konungsland, Alitheia kai Fos, Pip pip cheerio god save the Queen, The Empire of Pixle, Clargow, Velcro, Weihbach, The Stigyan Triumvirate, Nueva Almia, Platinum Skills, ImaginationII, Burrus, Raincozia, Pightmark, Alsei, Wintermoot, Astrobolt, The Vanishing Shores, Tuulna, The Provincial Union of the Pacific, Poopdeloop, Bostovania, Keikubgavier Is-Land, Valsequillo, Warwik, Melehan, Ilkra, Zinnea, Cemourana, Arimon, Solares, The turlesz, Surekhima, The Village Hidden By Rain, Muraniand, Botafogo de Regatas, Sweetsweetchaosland, Kelinella, Solipsista, Kendricka, Sorali, Sunrosa, Rastanas, Southern Interlaken, Clerria, Ire-Iceland, Verklighetsframmande, Aahtohallan, and 4 others.Putaric Empire, UBRBNTLY, Sumer Nation, and The Greenlandic North.