|Leader||President Imamu Mgumbe|
The Holiday Gift-giver of Mombombu is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by President Imamu Mgumbe with an iron fist, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, compulsory vegetarianism, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 18.946 billion Mombombuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malī. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Mombombuan economy, worth a remarkable 6,834 trillion pulas a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 360,728 pulas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,143,732 per year while the poor average 86,742, a ratio of 13.2 to 1.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Mombombu, the studies of art and philosophy are banned, military spending is on the increase, and Pater Maxxmas is said to deliver self-judgment rather than silver jewellery. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mombombu's national animal is the zebra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholocism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mombombu updated the World Factbook entry in Africa.
- : Mombombu endorsed The Republic of Eswaland.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, Pater Maxxmas is said to deliver self-judgment rather than silver jewellery.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, military spending is on the increase.
- : Mombombu was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Brandon II.
- : Mombombu voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Warzones".
- : Mombombu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Aquatic Cleaning Act".
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, the studies of art and philosophy are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Mombombu.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, birds and children's kites are regularly brought down by anti-aircraft fire.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Sudoeste, Cobra Sahara, Mesothallania, Lower Nubia, Wafira, Sovereign State Of Khalistan, Uisalb, New Palmdale, Zunba, Bro Kinaba, Tins, Upper Voltania, Realm of Abbadon, The Nebraska Republic, and Brandon II.