|Faith||Freedom of Religion|
The Republic of Monix is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Lazarillo Torre with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, devout population of 1.144 billion Monixians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ignisia. The average income tax rate is 83.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Monixian economy, worth 135 trillion R'units a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,709 R'units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Monixian Desert, the government operates on the idea that you can't be betrayed if you get your betrayals in first and fastest, police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program, and interviewees for teaching jobs are waterboarded to "reveal undesirable histories". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monix's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monix was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Monix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Monix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Monix, interviewees for teaching jobs are waterboarded to "reveal undesirable histories".
- : Following new legislation in Monix, police aim to defeat hatred with love with their "hugs-for-thugs" program.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the government operates on the idea that you can't be betrayed if you get your betrayals in first and fastest.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the skeletons of lost tourists litter the ground of the Great Monixian Desert.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, newspapers are running a front-page picture of Lazarillo Torre holding a crowbar and standing over a bloodied stockbroker.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, government critics have noticed a lot of new neighbors with expensive surveillance equipment in their garages.
Endorsements Received: 151 » Todd McCloud, Brotherland, La xinga, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Wiranath, Marrabuk, Martonica, Pakitsk, East Malaysia, Modra, H-Zhena, Rhealaliit, Roliganistan, Headpat Central, Ridann, Merlovich, Kaigi, Eagas, Wanabe, VW53Aland, Talitoa, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Wizardonia, Kelsyth, Unger under over, Lyontisia, Imperial Akatsuki, Trimmania, Arkantis, Bai Lung, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, BearStackof2015, Davinhia, Lanagon, Elejamie, United China Nation, Greater Felter, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Adolanta, Stellar Colonies, Freedom Fascists, Plazland, Citergue, Someseni, Kampf Empire, VernKhalla, Socialist Holy American Empire, The United Neo American Union, Am Echad, and 101 others.Lundenia, The Three States of Fortuna, The Empire of Rijelv, Cameronia Excellentia, Firenation91, ArenaC, New Bradenia Ghost, Dragonia, The New Tace, Sanah, The Militarius Imperium, Jyzeria, ReeK, CheeseBurrito, Chria Deau, Sericena, Layngderfleethe, Kalaratri, Kilkire, A Slanted Black Stripe, North Insomnia, Dark Edgyness, Galve, Mer Dieu, Swiftwhiskers, Dracacre, Habsburg-Lorriane, Axdel, Euricanis, Federated States of Zootron, Mahatakutana, The New Wisconsin Empire, Icelandic Imperium, Joundia, Chubaka, Monezambique, Liberstankonia, Sen Jast, Qui sequuntur somnia, Kario and Nix, Khvetsch, Evrigenis, Seri Tai Republic, Tshana, Kucia, Servants of Gizmo, Sycona, Harro Waarudho, Aeljae, Cymru Broadcasters, Hokolokia, FreedomIand, La Isla Nueva, Nifalembria Zamingstan, The Almighty Country, Bytes, Kriov, Brethren, Zang0, Chols Worithopia, The Solar Ottomans, Stanisiti, Great Algerstonia, Zukchiva, Acronis, Holy Alasia Orozen, Blobbo, The Romanum Legio, Matdor, Dragons Blood, Bermadia, Tretrid, Schrebia, Libertanny, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Staynes, Peoples Republic of GG, The Eternal Land of Jong, Greater New Cassandra, Aivintis, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, Nigon, Raunch, BuciLand, Puelo, Quartzland, Oofery, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Sovietsoyuz, Technocratic Tagalog, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, Filipopol, A mean old man, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Nevertopia, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.