The Federation of Montjoy is a tiny, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 12 million Montjoians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The strong Montjoian economy, worth 662 billion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 55,234 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Montjoy's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montjoy granted Border Control authority to The Republic of Picthonia as Grand Moff in Xedas.
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium.
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, if a tree falls in the forest Leader is personally notified.
- : Montjoy was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Montjoy, homeowners on prime real estate have been seen dodging giant bulldozers with cartoon characters painted on them.
- : Montjoy was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Ulurvaden.
- : Montjoy was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".
Endorsements Received: 58 » Pineapple Dax, The Holy People of Nethel, Wendy Thomas, Saularis, Rotalias, Zekojlocar, Dos Salsas, Coventry Freelands, Elthicshire, Dregsburg, Aelbarrow, Blowing Trees, Picthonia, Snek25, Azu Math, Interspectia, Oneist, Panzer Vier, NotSoKawaii, VirtualCorp, Laughingsox, Snaia, ALON 1, Bubger Kang, Nabwabshodovadostarbar, DeltaCoy, Bloopersfield, Vazian armed forces, Savonarija, InTheEnd, Kaz Brekker, Jorts Dealer, Primoryan Outpost, Vietussia1, Darc Reserve, Skywalkertopia, Ant Superhero, Hindustane, Resurgent Rome, Twilight Rose, Shilagi, CiC Red Back, Failconias, Tokernorootanordia, Leondore, Evil Raiders, March Pub Regimen, Surne, Hebronian Royal Navy, Laurentian Armed Forces, and 8 others.Dya-Peaches, Daxter, Bear-Bear, The Newer Nation, Independent India, Southern Zonsorp, Empty Promises, and Ulurvaden.
WA update pending: Nation has 60 verified endorsements.