|Leader||King Nicholas Barden|
The Kingdom of Neo-St Petersburg is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Nicholas Barden with a fair hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.799 billion Petersburgians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Petersville. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Neo-St Petersburgian economy, worth 342 trillion New Rubles a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 71,437 New Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes, holiday light displays just aren't the same without seizure-inducing strobe effects, doctors spend more time writing sick notes than caring for the sick, and the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo-St Petersburg's national animal is the Siberian Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neo-St Petersburg's influence in The Alterran Confederacy fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Neo-St Petersburg's influence in The Alterran Confederacy fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : The Confederacy of True Alterra granted Communications authority to Neo-St Petersburg as Role Play Minister in The Alterran Confederacy.
- : The Confederacy of True Alterra granted Border Control authority and removed Communications and Embassies authority from Neo-St Petersburg and renamed the office from "Early Council Member" to "Role Play Minister" in The Alterran Confederacy.
- : Neo-St Petersburg's influence in The Alterran Confederacy fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Neo-St Petersburg's influence in The Alterran Confederacy fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Neo-St Petersburg's influence in The Alterran Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Neo-St Petersburg lost the position of The Alterran Confederacy WA Delegate to The Republic of Republicy.
- : Neo-St Petersburg changed its national currency to "New Ruble".
- : Neo-St Petersburg endorsed The Republic of Republicy.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Castoriu.