The Constitutional Monarchy of Nevelja is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Skander Ejup with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.899 billion Nevelyans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kriezyl. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Neveljan economy, worth 754 trillion Issies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 193,610 Issies, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 895,336 per year while the poor average 25,258, a ratio of 35.4 to 1.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the government has enacted freedom of information, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs, and professional athletes can't see balls amid the deluge of advertisements. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nevelja's national animal is the Eurasian Lynx, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nevelja was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nuevo Europa.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, professional athletes can't see balls amid the deluge of advertisements.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Nevelja was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Capitalizt".
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, rugby players that knock each other over always stop to make sure the other fellow is okay.
- : Nevelja was reclassified from "Benevolent Dictatorship" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Following new legislation in Nevelja, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
Endorsements Received: 115 » Saint Domingo, Ahma, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Outer Sparta, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, Slavonia and Srijem, An Clar, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Nardin, St Scarlett, Dark Matter, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Slavorussia, Quentenia, Chioganah, Wessex and Cornwall, Leszno, Alympian Kingdom, Aragonja, Bohomo, Cytadela, Imperium Anglorum, Wombelland, Leranditale, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, The Mongol Plain, Purgatio, Brakanistan, Eritei, Boldia, Lovisa, Parliamentary Laramidia, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, Kenmoria WA Mission, Socialist Balkans, Feria-Alkaline, Supcotia, Dauershire, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Lord Sapre, New Touraine, Maritzal, and 65 others.Falvaard, Belmoren, Kardjali, Trixeland, Alsted, Nea Europa, Monkistan, Mallesia, Neuchateau, Walfo, Greater Tomland, Jim the Baptist, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Chronus, Destyntine, North of Americas, Savinecross, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Shaor, Grodisze, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Sienkahn, Azitupia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Crestphalia, The New Mexican Confederation, Vostokian Union, Enway, The Pontic State, NorthPortugal, Apabeossie, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Owlograd, Zarulia, Kanokla, The Young Ur, Estellan, Vachia, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Valtrona, Eski, Christian Terra, Eco-Paris Reformation, Elisabethshagen, Mynox, Northwest Isles, Asparagusia, Othenhiem, Greater Dragunovia, South St Maarten, United Communes of Chile, Woschia, Canovium, and Nuevo Europa.