The Democratic Republic of Newskarat is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 391 million Newskaratians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 9.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Newskaratian economy, worth 23.3 trillion feckaroos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 59,707 feckaroos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Grumpy old house owners demand that pedestrians get off their footpaths, the Fashion Channel can only be viewed on widescreen TVs, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Newskarat's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Avian Federation of Axdel.
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Janoobi Jazair.
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Empire of Marrico.
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Mischievous Mermaid of Escade.
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Excommunicated Magister of Libertanny.
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Newskarat's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Newskarat was endorsed by The Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Following new legislation in Newskarat, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Newskarat, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Roissyland, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Fedele, Funkadelia, Hizuru, Todd McCloud, Bachtendekuppen, Kingdom of Pars, Kilkire, Brotherland, Am Echad, Aleister, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Tim Stark, The United Neo American Union, Aelitia, Libertanny, Escade, Marrico, Janoobi Jazair, and Axdel.